Jun 17, 2010

Stuff

I'm hopefully going to be updating this art blog at least every other day. Possibly everyday if I can. So in order to catch up with yesterday, and a few in-between days for the previous posts, here's a bunch of new stuff.

To start us of. A Punisher Noir Sketch. About an hours worth of work. Hard to say, because I penciled it earlier last night while watching tv, then inked it at about 2 in the morning, but it didn't take very long overall.



With the wonders of photoshop. Here's a quick colour version of the sketch. Took more time deciding if I wanted a sepia tone look (since it's old school) or just a subdued blue. Went with the blue in the end.



A page of pencil sketches for warm-up.


A sharpie version of the pencil panel I posted last night. This is part of my "process", if I can call barely churning out pages a process. Well it's something I'm trying. So for now, just so you know my process looks something like this.

  • Thumbnails for overall composition and shot selection.
  • Final Print size pencil rough. So this fits on a sheet of 8.5 x 11" paper. Keeps me from going to detail heavy and allows me to work out perspective at a smaller scale.
  • Scan that, blow it up to 10x15" and print it. Using printer paper again, I light box on top of the blown up pencil rough with a regular old sharpie. Again, limiting me to only the essential details.
  • Final step is to light box those sharpie roughs onto clean new bristol. This step is just super easy if I've done the proper work before hand.
We'll see if this process works. Here's the sharpie rough.



And some colour fun over that rough.

No comments: